Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back to the future.

Ok, so this first post I stole from my "about me section" on myspace. I think it pretty much says way too much about me but everyone seems to like it. This blog is going to backwards and then forwards again. I decided I wanted to plot out my journey through graduate school as a PA and beyond. This isn't a blog about how to get into PA school or how to pass anatomy but hopefully some more philosophical reflections on medicine, people, faith and the whole shabang. Onwards and upwards - an introduction.

I love to clean, but I hate vacuuming. I hate the way it is spelled and I hate how the cord gets in theway no matter what you do with it. Plus you have to change the bag or the filter or something like that and I always spill it on the carpet again anyways. I just hate vacuuming.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, but Halloween parties always make the best memories. I wish we could all go to a costume party every weekend (think Marie Antoinette).

I'm terrified of the opposite sex. They are all over my facebook but they still scare me. They're tricky and mostly make me crazy. One minute they like you, then they get bored if you're too nice, then they move on and when you stop liking them, they like you again. Then you have to have a DTR and then its just too much and you get all bitter. And then there was eHarmony.

I'm a big science nerd (more like was in undergrad, now I'm a big medical nerd) and I'm pretty much ok with that. Most people don't realize that its possible to be cool and be into science. Contrary to popular belief, I have met more popular science majors than business majors. Business majors think they are cool because they are business majors, which simply isn't the case.

I love my family. Plain and simple. I love having a meal with the fam and relaxing. They are stubborn and weird and quirky and I love them more everyday. My brother is getting married before me and I'm glad about it. Now I don't have to worry about having kids just to make grandbabies.

I  hate being disrespected but people do it all the time - no matter how much they care about me. I wish people knew how to live out the word RECIPROCITY... I think of my insecurity as a strength, not a weakness. I hate drama, and I hate that I have to mention that I hate drama.

I'm a visionary and I don't live by boundaries. I love to root for the underdog because I feel like one myself most of the time. I love experiencing new things - even if its just once for kicks. Building new relationships keeps me going. I take things personal.

I have a secret obsession with jeans. I have way too many pairs (think one different pair for 2 weeks straight). My feet are claustrophobic and I hate to wear shoes. I'm slowly coming to the realization that flip flops are not appropriate at all times though. 

I wish I were a pirate so that I wouldn't have to shave or have manners. I would have body odor and drink rum all day because its what pirates do. Plus, I desperately want to be called a swashbuckler. Who wouldn't?

I would love to write a book someday - about medicine and traveling and philosophy one day. I feel trapped most of the time and its necessary for me to leave the country at least once a year. I wish I was married so I could have a permanent traveling buddy (well not really but its romantic at least).

I love music but its bizarrely powerful. I have to choose it wisely so I don't go crazy. Music makes everything better in my opinion. Its like adding a soundtrack to a movie. Life is better when there is music. I write songs that no one can read. Its better that way. I love are but most people never see my art either. I love to drive and listen to music with the windows down and the heater blasting.

I use elipses way too much...


No comments: