Sunday, April 18, 2010

Makes you want to get all squiffy doesn't it?




I'm not even sure where to begin... I've literally been sitting here for the past five minutes trying to process the past weeks and simultaneously think of something witty to say about. It seems as though I might not have anything significant to say really.
I went to London and realized that although you can exist anywhere, there are really only certain places where you can flourish. I'm not necessarily made to live in London, but I realized that we forget what else is out there... we exist inside boundaries.
I, for one, had forgotten how young and shallow America is. I dont mean it in a negative way, per se. I mean it in a way that we have yet to have depth in our history. Our own lives rarely reflect the history of our country and our reverence is lost because of it. It seems as though London exists in modernity but with a respect for the past. I'm not sure we do that here. I barrel on without regard... as if what I have exists in and of itself, and nothing else. No connectedness to anything but perhaps my home, profession or coming out of my paycheck.
God save the Queen.

No comments: